The HATS Stage 2A is a major Government infrastructure project in Hong Kong. It is being implemented in stages to combat water pollution caused by urban development around Victoria Harbour Hong Kong.
The HATS Stage 2A Sewage Conveyance System (SCS) will comprise a network of tunnels. Vertical shafts connected to the tunnels will collect sewage from the eight PTWs and convey it to Stonecutters Island Sewage Treatment Works.
Scope of Works
Vertical excavation works for the HATS (Harbour Area Treatment Scheme) Stage 2A , including;
- Blind sinking 4 shafts ranging from 8m to 12.5m diameter to a depth of 180 metres, establishing off shaft drives and Raise drilling of 7 pipe shafts from surface to underground
- Designing and fabrication of shaft mucking system to WA Mining Regulations standards to suit both the initial shaft excavation and subsequent tunnel waste rock removal
- Shaft sinking by hand held methods to a depth of 180m below surface
- PEG (Pre Excavation Grouting) to 70 bar undertaken systematically during shaft and tunnel advance to prevent water inflows
- Off shaft development to establish hoisting system and tunnel rail systems
- Installation of shaft steel work, services and ventilation ducts
- Housing all operations within a sound attenuating enclosure
- Installing and commissioning automated hoisting system for tunnel rock extraction.