RUC Mining Contractors are an established Western Australian Underground Contractor who is part of the global Murray & Roberts Group. RUC is a diversified underground mining contractor with an extensive portfolio of Development, Production, Shaft Sinking and Raiseboring projects throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific. RUC have sunk and equipped some of the world’s largest diameter shafts, in the harshest conditions on earth.
We currently require Shaft Miners to join our Tanami - Shaft Sinking team on a 15:13 roster. - FIFO from Darwin, Perth or Brisbane.
1. Installing ground support
- Understanding ground conditions
- Operating Rock Drills and Air Legs
- Installing rock bolts
- Understanding geotechnical plans/ drawings
2. Setting formwork
- Have full knowledge and skills in maintain a straight shaft
- Drop kerb ring and set to design profile.
- Attach hanging rods and adjust height to design.
- Installing screw jacks and scribe pins
3. Pouring concrete lining
- Install stage hopper and flexible slickline.
- Control concrete discharge into hopper (blockages).
- Vibrate concrete fill as required to remove air pockets and ensure a smooth final finish
4. Installing shaft services
- Install service wall brackets
- Install anchor bolts
- Ensure service pipes are firmly secure into place using the correct saddles
Essential Tickets and Licences
- C Class Drivers’ Licence
- Working Safety at Heights
- Current First Aid Certificate & CPR
- High Risk Work Licence â DG (Dogging)
- Dangerous Goods Security Card
- National Police Clearance (within 6 months)
- Experience operating IT loader, IT ticket highly regarded
If you are an experienced Shaft Miner, then we would welcome the opportunity to discuss these amazing opportunities with you! Please head to our website to see all of the vacancies we have at RUC Mining.