At the core of the Tanami Expansion 2 (TE2) Production Haulage Shaft is a required to economically exploit the resource below the current operational business plan. The Tanami Expansion 2 (TE2) Production Haulage Shaft will increase annual production, improve the operating margin of the current and future resources and more efficiently access ounces at depth.
Scope of Works
RUC commenced on site in Tanami in 2018 with works including;
- August 2018: Assist raise drill de-rigging and set up for crane sinking.
- November 2018: Crane sink stopped at 43.4m.
- December 2018: Headframe sinking equipment mobilised and commissioned.
- December 2018 to October 2019: Shaft sunk through the Meergat Fault to 212.2m.
- October 2019 to November 2019: Tanami Expansion 2 Shaft backfilled by low strength CRF to 15.0m below collar.
- November 2019: Install top-hat and riser pipe. Dismantle headframe. Assist setting up raise drill.
- December 2019: Demobilise sinking equipment from site.
FIFO Shaft Sinking Miners Perth