Scope of Works
Vertical excavation works for the Harbour Area Treatment Scheme 2A (HATS 2A), including:
- Blind sinking 4 shafts ranging from 8m to 12.5m diameter to a depth of 180 metres, establishing off shaft drives and Raise drilling of 7 pipe shafts from surface to underground
- Designing and fabrication of shaft mucking system to WA Mining Regulations standards to suit both the initial shaft excavation and subsequent tunnel waste rock removal
- Shaft sinking by hand held methods to a depth of 180m below surface
- PEG (Pre Excavation Grouting) to 70 bar undertaken systematically during shaft and tunnel advance to prevent water inflows
- Off shaft development to establish hoisting system and tunnel rail systems
- Installation of shaft steelwork, services and ventilation ducts
- Housing al operations within a sound attenuating enclosure
Installing and commissioning automated hoisting system for tunnel rock extraction.
- Gammon Construction | Drainage Services Division Hong Kong SAR.