Scope of Works
Directionally Drill and Ream 930m @ 6m diameter vent shaft.
- Excavation and construction of a concrete collar to 5.0 metres below surface.
- Rig up raisebore machine and RVDS (Rotary Vertical Drilling System) pilot drill from surface to breakthrough at -930m with a 1% limit of accuracy.
- Assemble and install reaming head to drill rods
- Ream at 6.0m from breakthrough to surface
- Remove reaming head at surface by securing to support beams
- De rig raisebore machine
- Very high accuracy required on the pilot drilling which was achieved by the use of the RVDS unit. Total hole deviation was under 1.01 m over the 930m or a deviation at breakthrough of only 0.11% from design
Newcrest Mining | Cadia Vent Shaft
- The completion of this raisebore shaft by RUC sets another new Australian record for large diameter raisebored holes, and becomes the third largest raisebored shaft worldwide.
- Project completed on time and on budget.